Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good Day at CVS

Well, it was a HOT day to walk to CVS - but that is 1.) besides the point and 2.) something that will be true for the next four months. We are back from vacation, getting healthier, recovering from the shock of seeing one twin play with the other twin's poop, and ready to cash in on some deals.

I went into CVS today with only $2 in Extra Care Bucks to spend. I found (for the first time) the little scanner thing in the middle of the store that allows you to scan your card and it prints out coupons. I scanned my card and it gave me a $10 off $30 coupon and a $4 off $20 coupon. The $10/$30 coupon changed my gameplan a bit for my first transaction, but it really helped me!

1st Transaction
- 4 Big Bags of M & M's ($12 with $2 off in coupons - I'll be saving these for the M&M theme birthday party that we have coming up!!!)
- 2 Big Bags of Sour Patch Kids ($5 - just a treat for my wonderful husband)
- 4 Bottles of Dove Shampoo/Conditioner ($16 with $3 off in coupons)
- 2 Dove Deodorants ($5 with $1.50 off in coupons)

- Used $10/$30 coupon
- Used $2 in ECB

OOP Expense - $21.32
(Cost before coupons, sales, and Extra Bucks = $49.48....$28.16 or 57% savings)

- Received 10 and 5 ECB's for future transaction, and another $4/$20 coupon

2nd Transaction
- Gillette Fusion Razor ($7.99 with $4 off in coupons)
- 2 Bottles of Banana Boat Sunscreen ($21.48 with $3 off in coupons)
- 2 Bottles of Dawn Dish Soap ($2.00 with $0.50 off in coupons)

- Used $4/$20 coupon
- Used $5 in ECB
- Used $10 in ECB

OOP Expense - $5.85
(Cost before coupons, sales, and extra bucks - $35.95...$30.10 or 84% savings)

- Received 7, 4, and 1 ECB's for future transactions

Not a bad day, in my opinion. I had a fun outing with the kids, got some exercise, filled that time period between lunch and naptime, and purchased everything above for basically the same out of pocket expense as two bottles of sunscreen and a bottle of shampoo if it hadn't of been on sale. And I left with $12 of ECB's to spend next time :)

1 comment:

  1. Did you hear about the pampers Jumbo pack deal?! Great deal.8.99 use 1.99Q =7.99 Get 5.00ecb = 2.99 plus tax! :) Limit 3! It ended up cheaper than my walmart diapers i usually get! :)
    Lindsey

    turtle1499@aol.com
    http://arewardfromhim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete