Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cereal and Soda

Yup, I've become a southerner. I say "soda" now. Today I was able to go to Kmart and redeem the rain check on cereal that I got last week. General Mills cereal was 4 for $6 (limit 4---I possibly could have gotten the rain check for more boxes because the manager seemed willing, but I decided that since the original offer was only for four boxes, that's all I should get out of the rain check deal). I was able to get 2 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios, 1 box of Cheerios, and 1 box of Lucky Charms.

Total before coupons: $6
Total after coupons: $3.45
Per box: 87 cents!

(Not bad considering that the price before the sale was roughly four dollars a box...78% savings on "top of the line" cereal)

I also picked up some 8-packs of pepsi products for 1.50/pack. This is the cheapest I've seen it since Pepsi went to the 8-packs in Florida. Anything under 25 cents a can is good, but these are around 19 cents a can. I may be going back for more. The only catch is that one of your 8-packs needs to be a pack of Diet Pepsi, but with my parents coming soon and some people down the street who may buy the diet off of me, this is a great deal for me. (Having soda is a non-negotiable in my house (ehhem, my husband's house)...I can't completely cut it out of the budget, so I might as well get it for as cheap as possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment