Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Second Trip to Target 5/6

Yup. I went back to Target. I couldn't resist. My kids were cranky, I was going to be home alone all night, and I figured a trip out of the house to save money and get more yummy snacks would do us all good. I won't break it down into individual transactions this time, but there were three separate ones. Here it goes...

Dark Chocolate Bar - .99 with $1/1 Target coupon (free)
3 Nabisco Kraft Mac n Cheese Crackers - 1.02 with 3 $1/1 Target coupons (.02 each)
3 Individual Size Chex Mix - .99 with 3 $1/1 Target coupons (free)
3 Quaker True Delight Granola Bars - Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond - 2.89 with 3 $1/1 manufacture's coupons and 3 $1/1 Target coupons (.89 each)
3.36 lbs of Apples (7 apples) - .99/pound with 3 $1/1pound Target coupons (.42 total)
2 bags of Chocolate - 2.99 with 2 $1/1 Target coupons and 2 $1/1 manufacture's coupons (.99 each)
3 Individual Bags of Quaker Chocolate Granola Bites - 1.00 with 3 $1/1 Target coupons (free)
Gallon of 2% milk - 2.89 (no coupon, we just needed this)
2 Glade Candles - 5.79 with 2 $4/1 manufacture's coupons and a $5.00 Bonus GiftCard from Target (free, with 1.42 in overage)
2 Boxes of Always Infinity Pads - 8.99 with 2 $4/1 manufacture's coupons and a $5.00 Bonus GiftCard from Target (2.49 each)

Total Out of Pocket Expense: $19.99
Plus: Still have a $5 Gift Card to spend at Target (I'm sure I can find a use for that!)


In Summary:
2 Bags of Chocolate, 1 Chocolate Bar, 3 Boxes of Crackers, 3 Boxes of Granola Bars, 3 Bags of Chex Mix, 3 Small bags of Granola Bites, 2 Large Boxes of Pads, 2 Candles, 7 Apples, 1 Gallon of Milk, AND a 5 dollar gift card
Retail Value: $67.81
Total Spent: $19.99
Amount Saved: 70%



IMG_1434

Some Lessons Learned Today:
- Having toys for the kids to play with in the cart is a big plus!
- Having small transactions and knowing the number of coupons that should show up on your receipt is helpful. (The receipts are REALLY confusing and it will be hard to see if all your coupons really came off the bill if you don't know how many should be on there.)
- If I had split up the pads and the candles into two separate transactions, then I could have used one of my $5.00 gift cards to buy the other items. This would have lowered my out of pocket expense by five dollars. I can still spend the five dollars later, but it would have been nice to spend less today and not have to worry about it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment