Tuesday, May 5, 2009

CVS Deals this week...

This is my first venture into playing the CVS game. I was so excited that I had to come home and start the blog that I've been thinking about. I will hopefully add links to all the blogs that helped me find these deals later.

On Sunday:
Purchased: 2 Colgate Max Fresh Toothpastes (with free toothbrushes) - 2.99 each
Used: 2 $1 off 1 Coupons
Out of Pocket (OOP) Expense: 4.40 (with tax)
Extra Care Bucks (ECB) Earned: 4.00
(It's like I only spent .40)
And an additional 2.00 ECB coupon printed out on the receipt from my Winter Purchases

Purchased: 1 Lifesaver Gummy Candies - 2.00
Used: 2.00 ECB from previous purchase
OOP Expense: 0
(This was our treat for walking to CVS on a Sunday afternoon...)

On Tuesday:
Purchased:
2 Boxes of Frosted Flakes - 3.34 each, 1 Box of Frosted Mini Wheats - 3.33, and 3 Dry Idea Deodorants - 1.25 each
Used: 3 $1 off coupons on the cereal, 3 $2 off coupons on the deodorant (don't really know why this went through...didn't mean for it to), and 4.00 ECB from Sunday's Purchase
OOP Expense: 76 cents (with tax)
ECB Earned: 5.00

And a $4 off $20 coupon printed on the bottom of my receipt
(I made 24 cents profit on this transaction!)

I plan on going back to CVS this week to get the Coke promotion. I'm still working on how to best work this one. I'll update when I do. I know the $4/$20 coupon will help!

(Weekly total:
2 toothpastes
2 toothbrushes
3 deodorants
3 boxes of cereal
1 bag of candy

OOP Expense: 5.16)

IMG_1435

Update: I did go buy coke tonight. I didn't work the deal as well as I should have. I got flustered and did my math wrong and ended up buying a 12-pack of soda that I didn't need to buy in order to get the deal. Lesson learned. Here is what I got...
5 12-packs of Cherry Coke and 1 12-pack of Fanta - Total of 24 dollars (you only needed to spend 20 dollars to get the 10 ECBs)
I used a $4/$20 CVS Coupon and 5 ECBs - I paid $16.05 and got 10 ECBs back.

Not the greatest deal, or one that I'm most proud of...but it still worked out to just over 15 cents per can - better than we usually do. And yes, soda is a necessity around this house. Might as well save a little than save nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment