Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Quite a Publix Trip - 5.25

I was pretty proud of my trip to Publix yesterday. I was able to stock up on some things that my husband and I will really enjoy using. We also took a walk last night to rent a movie from the Red Box in the front of our Walmart Neighborhood Market, so I suggested that we quickly walk through the store as well. Since I've gotten serious about grocery shopping, I haven't been in Walmart. I wanted to price compare a few things now that I have a better idea about what things cost. My Publix costs beat all the Walmart prices!

IMG_1623

So what is in the picture??

3 boxes of cereal, 2 boxes of frozen coconut shrimp, 4 bottles of Cranberry Juice, 6 Individual CPK Pizzas, 4 ears of sweet corn, 4 bottles of Italian dressing, 6 bottles of BBQ Sauce, a Gallon of milk, 6 jars of Spaghetti Sauce, 8 boxes of brownies, 4 jars of A1, 2 bottles of syrup, 2 14lb packages of cat litter, baby cereal, baby food, 2 packages of hot dogs, 2 pears, 2 bananas, 2 containers of cream cheese, pork spare ribs, 1 block of cream cheese, 1 box of italian dressing mix, 1 bag of pita bread, 1 bag of sugar, 6 frozen breakfast entrees, 1 jar of applesauce, 1 can of soup, 2 loaves of garlic bread, 2 cans of green beans

So what is not in the above picture?

IMG_1624

6 8-packs of soda, and two rain checks for pasta and pizza that will be very cheap when they come back in stock.

Total retail value of this shopping trip: 229.46
Total paid: 80.47
Savings: 66%

Also, to make this deal even sweeter, I found two Publix gift cards before I left that I had completely forgotten about. One had 10 dollars on it and one had 23.24 on it. That brought my out of pocket total down to $47.23. That's a LOT of food for 47 dollars :)

If you are interested in finding out more about these deals or coupons, I've included my lists below. The links for printable coupons are active in this document. Also, you can check out the Publix deals on the blogs on my right sidebar (or email me).

Publix Trip 5.25 Publix Trip 5.25 lsharbaugh

Shopping List 5.25 Shopping List 5.25 lsharbaugh

No comments:

Post a Comment