Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My First Coupon Trip to Target 5/6

Today was my first attempt at hitting the Target deals. I forgot a couple of manufacture's coupons from this week paper, so I wasn't able to cash in on the gift card deals. Also, I was thinking that Target had a different style of double kids' carts, so I didn't bring the stroller. There is no way that the twins are big enough for the double carts that Target offers, so Micah rode up front in a regular cart and Mackenna rode in the back in her carseat. No room for groceries - I had to purchase a reusable shopping bag and carry my purchases around the store as I went. I made three different transactions...Here are the results:

Transaction One:
Dark Chocolate Bar - .99 with $1/1 Target coupon (free)
Nabisco Kraft Mac n Cheese Crackers - 1.02 with $1/1 Target coupon (.02)
Individual Size Chex Mix - .99 with $1/1 Target coupon (free)
Quaker True Delight Granola Bars - Dark Chocolate Raspberry Almond - 2.89 with $1/1 manufacture's coupon and $1/1 Target coupon (.89)
1.41 lbs of Apples (3) - 1.40 with $1/1 Target coupon (.40)
Kashi Frozen Waffles 6 count - 2 at 1.99 with 2 $1.50/1 manufacture's coupon (.49 each)
Stonyfield Farms Yogurt - 3.34
Suave Body Wash - 1.50
Reusable Bag - .99 - because of the shopping cart scenario
(The last three items were "necessity" purchases, not based on sales or coupons)

Total Saved - 10.05
Total Spent - 8.12

Transaction Two:
Another Dark Chocolate Bar - (free)
Another Mac n Cheese Crackers - (.02)
Another Chex Mix - (free)
Individual Size Quaker Bites - 1.00 with $1/1 Target coupon (free)
Another True Delight Granola Bars - (.89)
2 more apples - (.02)

Total Saved - 7.70
Total Spent - 0.91

Transaction Three:
Another Dark Chocolate Bar - (free)
Another Mac n Cheese Crackers - (.02)
Another Chex Mix - (free)
Another True Delight Granola Bars - (.89)

Total Saved - 4.98
Total Spent - 0.91

Grand Totals for the Day...
3 Chocolate Bars, 3 Boxes of Cheese Crackers, 3 Individual Bags of Chex Mix, 3 Boxes of Premium Granola Bars, 2 Boxes of Healthy Waffles, 5 Apples, Large Container of Organic Yogurt, Bodywash, Reusable Shopping Bag
Total Retail Value: $33.12
Total Spent: $9.94
Amount Saved: 70%


IMG_1438

(I apologize for the boring details...I'm just so excited)

No comments:

Post a Comment